Are you applying hand sanitizer properly? Here is a guide to do it right!
There was a time when the major checklist when you headed out was wallet, keys and phone. But now there is a fourth item in the list, which is also a lifesaving item that you ought not to forget! Yes, you guessed it right! It is a hand sanitizer. Also carefree times are over when you casually opened doors, shook hands and pressed buttons of an elevator with no mortal fear. The pandemic has struck us all hard, and it is about time that we give hygiene its due importance. Also, the government and medical staff have insisted enough on its importance in breaking the chain.
As citizens and members of the society, it is our duty to act responsibly in controlling the disease that has shook the world. According to Centres of Disease Control (CDC), sanitizers with 60% or more alcohol are effective in killing germs and viruses in hands and on high-touch surfaces.
The usage of sanitizers plays a major role in its effectiveness. So, we will be discussing the Do’s and Don’ts while using a hand sanitizer
– First and foremost do not use on dirty hands. So, get rid of grease through a hand wash prior to applying a hand sanitizer.
– Use the required amount to cover your entire hand back and front. Also include tip of the fingers, between the fingers and under the nails
– Rub the sanitizers well in your palm, in your fingers and around the thumb. But friction is important for dislodging the microbes from hands so you need to rub them for maximum protection.
– One of the most common mistakes as said by CDC is that people don’t let the sanitizer dry completely. So, this reduces the effectiveness of the hand sanitizers.
– Wait for 15 seconds at least to let it dry completely. Also do not touch any surfaces before your hands are completely dry.
– Restrict yourself from touching your face, mouth and nose when you are in a public place. Also, especially after opening doors, using switches, ATMs and public transport.
Choosing the right hand sanitizer
It is important that you choose an effective protection against the deadly germs. 60% and above alcohol content is required for effective functioning of the hand sanitizer. Smartsan Hand sanitizers has a special IPA formulation. It has proven effective in killing 99.9%* of germs. It comes in various form factors including gel, spray, wipes and in sachets.
Why choose a Smartsan Hand Sanitizer sachet?
Hand sanitizer sachets provide protection from several germs and viruses in your hands that could cause dangerous illness. Also the moisturizer in the Smartsan Hand sanitizer sachets offer protection to your skin while killing the germs. Also, it removes dirt from your hands and keeps hands feeling soft and clean.
Acts fast in killing germs
Smartsan hand sanitizer sachet is quick to act on the skin. It does not leave any residue on hands and works in 20 seconds after application. This ensures there is no waiting and only instant action.
Dries quickly with no residue
Smartsan Hand Sanitizer quickly evaporates as you rub them on your hands. All the dangerous viruses and bacteria are removed instantly.
Carry it along wherever you go
Smartsan Hand Sanitizer has sachets that fits in your wallet. It is compact and has enough for one use. This makes it easy to carry along with you wherever you go. A resealable zip lock pouch with 50 sachets are also available.
No requirement of water
Smartsan Hand Sanitizer sachets do not leave a residue and completely cleans your hands. But for visibly dirty and greasy hands, only soap and water can remove the grime. Also, hand sanitizers are best to use while travelling, while in office and in places with no access to water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are alcohol-based hand sanitizers effective?
Alcohol based hand sanitizers with 60% and above alcohol content kills up to 99.9%* germs on the surface of your hands
Are hand sanitizers flammable?
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are flammable. It is important that you take care to keep it away from fire and hot objects
Can children use hand sanitizers?
It is safe for children to use hand sanitizers. The hand sanitizers do not harm children’s skin and are absolutely safe to use. In case of very young children adult supervision is required.
How much alcohol content is required?
According to the FDA, it has approved 60-95% alcohol in hand sanitizers.