Choosing between Alcohol-based and alcohol-free hand sanitizers
What is best for you?
Hand sanitizers have now become one of the essential items in our purses or bags while going out. The pandemic has changed our lives for so many factors. Following impeccable hand hygiene is one of them. Quite a few have been lethargic about hand hygiene until COVID-19 struck them with its importance.
Now that the majority are buying hand sanitizers, the demand has led to several brands entering the market with a wide range to choose from. One of the important choices one has to make is whether to buy an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or alcohol-free hand sanitizers. Hand sanitizers were first used with alcohol. Health workers and medical staff used it extensively. Doctors used it before surgeries and procedures. Eventually, the alcohol-free sanitizers came into play for the common public to use in their everyday lives.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Alcohol-based sanitizers possess isopropyl alcohol. This is considered the best in killing germs. Essentially a hand sanitizer has to possess 60% and composition in alcohol to efficiently kill germs in seconds after rubbing them on to your hand.
- Increased alcohol content means it kills more germs. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers have the drawback of drying our hands. But Smartsan hand sanitizers possess moisturizing agents to leave your hands feeling soft and clean. Healthcare providers swear by the alcohol-based hand sanitizers as the efficient killer of germs.
- Also, studies by the FDA shows that alcohol-based sanitizers helped in reducing infections like flu and other contagious diseases.
- The alcohol-based hand sanitizer works based on friction, the highly volatile alcohol has a low boiling point and when rubbed against the hands it immediately warms up and evaporates taking out the germs and particles with them. Right method of usage is important for efficient results. First, take a coin-sized drop of hand sanitizer and spread it well. Rub it well until the hand sanitizer evaporates.
- Smartsan Hand sanitizers come in various packaging including sprays, sachets and wipes. Smartsan hand sanitizers are incredibly efficient and easy to carry to keep you protected always. It contains 60% alcohol. It is also enriched with moisturizers. This keeps your hands clean, soft and germ-free. Smartsan alcohol-based hand sanitizers are best for hospitals, offices and while travelling.
Alcohol-free hand sanitizer
- Alcohol-free sanitizers also do the job of killing germs from the surface of your hands. It uses quaternary ammonium compounds called benzalkonium chloride instead of alcohol to kill germs. Smartsan Bio-hand sanitizing contains 0.075% benzalkonium chloride, 0.015%of polydimethylsiloxane and purified water.
- Our bio sanitizers are gentle on your skin and tough on germs. Smartsan bio hand sanitizer is an excellent choice for children. Children can safely use Smartsan bio sanitizer wipes independently. It is also a great choice for everyday use when you are out and about.
- The Smartsan bio hand sanitizer wipes are 150×150 mm non-woven fabric. It is conveniently folded and machine sprayed for even wetness and for effective results. This gives efficient cleaning of hands by killing the germs and leaving the hands soft. Alcohol-free hand sanitizers do not dry out your hands and hence can be safely used even by children.
What’s the best choice?
The choice between alcohol-based and alcohol-free hand sanitizers is purely based on requirement and usage. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are stronger against germs. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are the best if you are working in the medical field or if you are visiting crowded places
Children and people who are minimally exposed to the outside world mostly prefer bio hand sanitizers. Smartsan bio hand sanitizers are equally efficient as they have proven to kill 99.9% germs including MRSA.
Choosing the brand is equally important as choosing the variant. Smartsan hand sanitizers are specially formulated to fight against disease-spreading microbes. Choose wisely. Live well!